Search This Blog

Thursday 18 September 2014

5 Things I like OTHER than Transformers

Those of you who know me in the real world will know that I am pretty much obsessed with Transformers, and there's no way to hide from that. I attend quite a big annual Transformers convention, most of my friends are my online Transformers-related pals, and well just look at what I wake up to on an average morning from the picture above!

Something I thought I would address though, is that I am NOT just obsessed with Transformers, yes, it is my biggest obsession, but not my only one. So I figured I would showcase 5 of my other big loves (these are not the only things I love, just the things that I think are most prominent, after the big transforming robots from space! ENJOY!

LEGO!
I can remember when I was a child I was obsessed with my Lego. I would sit around for hours at a time just working on building something random (like a wall to keep my brother trapped in the kitchen) But as I grew up I gave up on this little hobby, and gave all my Lego to my nephew.

However, when the Kre-O lines came out for Transformers I fell in love with the bricks again, and when I started making my "Bricking It!" comic series I got back into collecting it for myself, so I could build set-ups etc. And even now I cam have hours of fun just building something that would amaze my nephew rather than trapping his father :)
Yu-Gi-Oh!
I got into Yu-Gi-Oh when I was in Secondary school, and started playing it then, and for several years I loved it! It was a fun game with a simple play style that anyone could enjoy...unfortunately they then started tampering with the game mechanics and introduced horrible Ban Lists, and all sorts of new terrible monster types like the Xyz and Pendulum monsters (I was okay with the Synchros as they seemed like a natural progression to Fusion cards)

After all this, I do sometimes buy some cards now and again, but most of my love for Yu-Gi-oh is concentrated on collecting the Manga series, and working on my Cyber Dragon deck (which still works great)
Cardfight!! Vanguard
Vanguard is one of my newest fandoms, but it's still very big for me. I picked up my first Trial deck about August time last year, read the rules, got scared of them, and hid the deck and rule book in my drawer never to be seen again.
Later that year I found out about the Cardfight Vanguard Youtube channel and managed to watch it, where they went into HORRIBLY TEDIOUS DETAIL about the game play, that was quite annoying, but also very helpful, and allowed me to understand the rules a lot better (and I know at least one other person to have learned how to play this way, so I'm not being weird!)

Now I have my good old Gold Paladin and Oracle Think Tank decks that I love to use, all I need now are more local players to go up against....oh well I guess I have the other players who go to Auto Assembly still ;)
Movies!!
Before I went to college, I think I only ever saw "Scream" and "Transformers the Movie" movie-wise. I was not interested in films in the slightest. However when I went to college I was forced to take Film Studies as a course to fill up my hours, and I fell in love with them, and loved analysing them, and watching them in general. It's gotten to the point where I have a....fair few films...I won't mention how many to spare people from fainting, but sufficed to say my family use me as a film-lending service from time to time....

I basically watch any genre of film, from kiddie family friendly movies, to the nichest of Vampire..."stories"...yeah let's call it that.....
Pokemon
FINALLY! My biggest non-Transformers fandom would have to be Pokemon. I've loved this series since it first began, and have followed it avidly since then. I love the games, I ADORE the Manga series, and I enjoy the movies (not too fond of the Anime itself right now though)

I honestly cannot count the amount of times I have gone around in my own little world and imagined an adventure in the Pokemon World, and inserting real people into it. It's just such a fun franchise (so long as you don't get too worked up on the competitive side of the games) and you can very easily fall in love with your own little fighting pets.

Seriously...if anyone hurts my Volcarona and Shiny Metagross I cry....:(

So there's my listy thing! If you have any comments, or suggestions for future "non-review" blogs like this one or my others, then please let me know in any comments sections you find this article on!.

Hope you enjoyed yourself, and see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment